Monday, June 20, 2005

Vacation here we come

We are heading for the Gulf Islands in Canada tomorrow night on our boat--my husband, Mickey and myself. I have to put the kitties in a kennel which I hate to do. I feel horrible leaving them behind, as I walk away and their little faces look at me like I am abandoning them. I don't know how to make them understand I will be back.

We will be gone almost a week and are hoping for great weather like we've had today in Seattle. On our last trip up there we made our way up the Straight of Georgia on the wrong side and hit really rough water. We were headed for Desolation Sound but couldn't make it so we high-tailed it across the Straight to the Gulf Islands. It was a lucky find and we hold a dear place in our hearts for the area that became our refuge after a harrowing time near the Fraser River. Poor Mickey was turning green that trip.

I'll post again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home