Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Post vacation

We had a great time at Tumbo and Cabbage Islands in Canada. The weather was perfect, we hiked, and I got sunburned (twice). We headed to Stuart Island in the San Juans for the end of the trip and had a floating dock all to ourselves. That has happened to us before. The entire harbor will be full; boats will take up all the mooring buoys and even anchor out, but we are the only ones at our little floating dock which can easily handle 3 more boats. It is unsettling. My husband feels slighted. I began to wonder if our boat had BO (boat odor).

We got back Sunday afternoon and that night Mickey had a seizure. It has been seven months so I cannot complain, but it is unsettling all the same. We are thankful it didn't happen until after we got back as dealing with seizures on the boat would be tough.

He had two more the following day, but none last night. We are taking him to the vet Thursday to get his blood levels checked. They have to be sure he's getting the right amount of medication. We were hoping to eventually wean him off one of the meds but now I doubt we can.

I picked the kitties up from the kennel they stayed at. Boo was hiding under a blanket. All I could see was her little nose and one eye. The woman at the kennel asked me if I called her Boo for peek-a-boo because she hid that way most of the time. I said no, the name came from a childhood storybook I had. I haven't seen her do that before so I felt doubly horrible. Shadow seemed okay. He's 12 and has gone through this several times before, although he HATES the carrier and meows the entire way in the car. Boo doesn't make a peep. They both settled back into routine quickly at home but Boo hid downstairs for half a day and actually growled at me when I picked her up once. I don't blame her. I'd growl at me too. She forgave me, however, and crawled under the covers with me that night, plastering herself against my side most of the night. She generally sleeps at my feet. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home