Monday, April 18, 2005

Anti-cruelty bill passes

I received word from Pasado's Safe Haven that the animal anti-cruelty bill we've been pushing for so hard in Washington state has passed the Senate. It passed the House earlier, went through a rollercoaster of addendums, tag-ons, etc. that bills go through which can kill them, got straightened back out and now passed. It did have one addendum to it from another bill that would have died on its own, so it now must go back to the House. But Susan Michaels, the director of Pasado's, feels it will pass without problem.

This whole process was incredibly interesting. It opened my eyes to the work involved in passing a bill and the people and other issues that can sway whether it gets through or not. I guess I'm glad this process is in place but the politics are amazing.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Victoria said...

First of all - I want to thank you for the visit, you comment made my day.. So glad I found your site, it's great what you're doing here.

p.s. beautiful dog! And the photos of the animals (the deer!) are fantastic. Will be back/am linking to you..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home